Staying fabulous at 50+

GlamGlow Exfoliating Mud Mask Review

I read umpteen rave reviews about the GlamGlow Exfoliating Mud mask last year.  I was a bit sceptical to be honest as the majority of the reviews I read were from lovely young bloggers that already had gorgeous skin.  It was only when I discovered that the mask was sold at www.feelunique.com at £39.99 with free p&p instead of the RRP of £49.50 for 50ml that I caved in and ordered it.


GlamGlow Exfoliating Mud Mask review

Well you probably all know by now that this is a thick dark green mud with flakes of green tea in it.

You apply to cleansed skin and leave for around 10 minutes.  The mask dries hard to a light green colour,  At this point you can dampen the mask and lightly massage the skin, the pumice in the mask gives an effective exfoliation effect or you can just rinse the mask off.

It is stated that the mask is an anti ageing facial in a jar and will deliver a 3 day glow.

Well, as a cleansing and exfoliating mask it is very effective, I noticed a slight tingling to my skin as I applied it, so anyone with very sensitive skin should maybe give this a miss.  The mask sets very hard within 10 minutes, I then used a little warm water to moisten the mask to use as an exfoliator before removing with a flannel.  My skin was slightly pink for around 30 minutes but had been very effectively cleansed and exfoliated.  There was a slight glow to my skin and my make up applied smoothly but this effect did not last for 3 days and my skin certainly didn't feel like I'd had a facial.

Did I like this mask?  Well yes I did like the mask but I wasn't really wowed by it, I certainly wasn't £50 a jar wowed!

Would I buy this mask again?  No, I get better and longer lasting results from Elemis Fruit Active Rejuvenating Mask, which is half the price.

Have you tried GlamGlow?

Do you use a mask regularly that gives you similar or better results than GlamGlow?




*Product purchased and paid for by me.

17 comments

  1. I feel the same way about this mask. It didn't do anything for me that I wouldn't expect from any decent mud mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, thank you for stopping by and commenting, I was hoping that it wasn't just me that was thinking that this was nothing more than a normal mud mask with a bit of pumice and green tea leaves thrown in it. I just don't get what everyone was raving about to be honest :) Jude xx

      Delete
  2. I have a review in the works for this product. I HATED it. The packaging is about three times the size of the product. It is vastly, VASTLY over-priced. The bits of green tea are slimy and disgusting and fall off making a mess in the sink. It's too thick... I could go on but it is one product where I really question what product these rave reviewers have been using!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have put it better myself :) I just don't understand where the price point comes from, maybe it's just the celebrity endorsements that have pushed the price up, either way it's just not worth the £££'s! Jude xx

      Delete
  3. I’ve heard so many rave reviews about this so it is always good to hear another view. I have a sample and I have been reluctant to try it incase I do love it because it does seem overpriced. Great review,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for commenting. I would definitely give your sample a try, I'm sure you will love it but I'd be interested to know if it gave you better results than another mud mask that you may have tried, did it give you the 'wow' effect. Jude xx

      Delete
  4. Dermalogica's mud masks are alot better and half the price, you could try thoses :D Thank you for sharing x
    Check out my new blog: jewelheritageblog.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lae D, thank you for stopping by, I didn't know Dermalogica did mud masks, the only product I have used from their range is the Daily Micro Exfoliant, I will check the masks out. Jude xx

      Delete
  5. Now I really loved Glamglow. My skin was so clear and bright after and I adore the scent. The price point is steep but I would use this for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bettina, thank you for commenting, I think that it's the price point that I have the issue with really, I liked the effects of the mask but after all the reviews I had read I think I was expecting more :) Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know what you think of this product. I haven't tried it myself, but after reading this, I will skip it. Ridiculous that it's so expensive, too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moxie, don't get me wrong, it's a decent mask, but there's just nothing really special about it that warrants that price tag :) Jude xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your honest review! I am always sceptical when buying expensive masks! Please pop over to my blog and have a read of some new beauty buys! xxxxxxx

    http://regallyblonde84.blogspot.com

    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie Lou, I think that because this mask is so expensive I expected better results than I got, I will definitely check out your blog :) Jude xx

      Delete
  9. I was just about to buy this on Sephora. Now I have big doubts. I can do without slime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia, You may actually love this mask more than I did, all I would say is try and get a sample to try before committing to a full size jar. I know GlamGlow are on Twitter so it may be worth tweeting them to see if they offer a sample size. Jude xx

      Delete
  10. I've seen loads of bloggers rave about this mask and like you said they are all in their early 20's... I think I have a sample of this somewhere I might try it at some point but I know now that I'm not missing out on anything! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig