Staying fabulous at 50+

Stila Perfecting Concealer Review

I first saw the Stila Perfecting Concealer in an American Magazine in April, the beauty journalist was raving about it and claiming that certain celebrities would not leave the house without it.  As I was in America at the time I hotfooted it down to Sephora and parted with $23 and left the store with a tiny tube in shade C.

Stila Perfecting Concealer

See what I mean about the tiny tube?  There is only 8ml of product, that's not even 2 teaspoons full, but who cares about the price if the product lives up to the claims!

It is recommended that this concealer is applied after foundation and before powder.  It is described as a fuller-coverage concealer with a semi-matt finish, it can also be used as a full coverage foundation.

Now let me just say that I am a long time fan of Stila products,  I have been using their lip glaze, eye shadows and nail polishes for years, I didn't doubt for a moment that I wouldn't love this product.  However, this review does not have a happy ending.

Stila Perfecting Concealer swatch

If you look closely at the above picture you can see that I have blended the product out underneath the blob of concealer.  There are two problems for me, one, the coverage is minimal and two, the product sits in and accentuates lines.  This did absolutely nothing at covering up my dark circles, the coverage is not buildable without caking and looking chalky and within 30 minutes I had a build up of product in the creases under my eyes.

Now just because this product didn't work for me doesn't mean that it's a a rubbish product.  Maybe it is just not aimed at working on women of a certain age, if you are below 40 years old with minimum lines/circles and have a perfectly hydrated eye area then I can see that this product might be perfect for you.  However, this product did not work for me at all and as such I will not be repurchasing.

If you are in the USA you can find this product in Sephora stores or at www.stilacosmetics.com for $23

If you are in the UK you can find this product at www.stila.co.uk for £15 with free shipping.

Have you ever purchased a product after seeing rave reviews in a magazine, only to be bitterly disappointed?

5 comments

  1. aww i was hoping this would be good! :/ booo

    www.mrajbx3.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i was hoping this would be good! </3 no fair haha


    www.mrajbx3.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well like I said it may work very well on younger, unlined skin with minimal dark circles but for me it just didn't work at all. Jude x

      Delete
  3. 'the product sits in and accentuates lines' <-- going nowhere this. this has sealed my opinion on it. boo xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Liloo, I had high hopes for this product too :( Jude x

      Delete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig