Staying fabulous at 50+

Revlon Lip Butter Review

A few months ago every other blog post I read was about Revlon Lip Butters.  I waited until I went on holiday to purchase one to try as I just had a feeling I wasn't going to like them.  I decided to purchase just one than rather than the whole range, I paid around $7 for mine.

Revlon lip butter Raspberry Pie

As you can see I opted for Raspberry Pie

Revlon lip butter raspberry pie review

revlon lip butter raspberry pie swatch

A light and not so light swatch in different lights

Well my intuition was correct, I did not like this at all.  I like the colour in the case and swatched on my arms but on my lips it was a different matter.  It has a sort of gel like consistency and even with a lip pencil this bled almost instantly and within an hour the only colour remaining was what was left in the small lines around my mouth.  Now if you are young with no lines around your mouth then I'm sure the lip butters work really well for you.  However, if you are of a certain age then I recommend you give them a miss.

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Arriane, yes I agree that the colour is lovely but the formula just doesn't work for me. Jude x

      Delete
  2. I love that your lipstick has its own holiday snaps by the pool!!!

    I think you should investigate Face Stockholm lipstick. Don't bleed and stay put.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the setting was so beautiful at the villa that it seemed silly not to take the opportunity to use it for swatches :) Have never heard of Face Stockholm so I'm off to google and spend money :) Jude xx

      Delete
  3. umm, i think it will pass too. another product *whispers* just for the young 'uns x liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Liloo, definitely a 'young uns' product, but I'm glad I tried it and cured my curiosity :) Jude x

      Delete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig