Staying fabulous at 50+

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadow - Sahara Treasure

I have seen several blog posts about the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadows and the majority have raved about them, so whilst in my local boots I decided to pick one up and see what all the hype was about.  There are 12 colours available, good for you if you live near a Boots store that has all 12 in stock.  My Boots had a choice of 4 colours and I eventually decided on Sahara Treasure.

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadow - Sahara Treasure


It's very difficult to describe this colour, in the pot it's a dirty gold/bronze/khaki colour, I can tell I'm really selling it to you with that description!

The texture is quite bizarre too, although it is a loose powder it has more of a cream/gel feel to it.

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eye Shadow - Sahara Treasure swatch

Application for me has been an absolute nightmare.  First of all I tried my usual brush, it looked an absolute mess, it applied in patches and looked caked and uneven.  Next I tried to apply with my finger, although it looked a little better I found that this method caused lots of fall out.  Finally after lots of experimenting I used ELF lid primer, MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and then I used a sponge applicator to apply the shadow, it applied like a dream.  You can build this eye shadow but I prefer to use it as a wash of colour that gives a beautiful sheen.  After a 12 hour shift this eye shadow had not budged at all, there was no creasing and it looked as fresh as it did when I first applied it.

I will definitely be picking up a few more of these now that I have sorted the application method out.

These eye shadows retails at £6.99 but Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on L'Oreal products

4 comments

  1. Good old Boots! You can't beat a 3 for 2 offer can you! ;) Colour looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely wearable colour and I love the 3 for 2 on the make up offers :) x

      Delete
  2. So many people have posted postive reviews on these, but they just don't work out for me! I really really don't like them at all. I have three different ones and don't like any of them. I don't know why! lmbo!

    Mabye I need to try them again, just differently?

    xox, nykki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches of what is an incredible colour. My favourite hands down!

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig