Staying fabulous at 50+

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy Review

November last year I was asked if I would like to try a course of Genuine Dermaroller Therapy, well after thinking about it for a nanosecond I jumped at the chance.  Well as woman of a certain age, who is desperately trying to hold back the years, it would have been foolish of me to refuse.

I instantly knew that this treatment would involve some sort of needles on a roller and I also knew that there would be no instant gratification with this treatment as the best results of this treatment are seen over a period of time.

Please visit www.genuinedermaroller.co.uk to learn how this treatment works and how it could benefit you.

So I would now like to share my experience of this treatment with you.

On 29th November 2011 I arrived at the beautiful Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre in the village of Hardingstone in Northamptonshire.  This clinic is located just 5 minutes from Junction 15 of the M1.  I was met by Dr John Tanqueray, who explained every aspect of the treatment I was having and he patiently answered the many questions that I had.  A local anaesthetic cream was applied to my face and I then waited for 30 minutes for the cream to take effect.

The treatment started on my forehead and whilst it wasn't a relaxing treatment it wasn't painful either.  Whilst Dr Tanqueray was using the Dermaroller on my forehead I could hear a gentle 'popping' sensation as the needles were penetrating my skin.

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy Review


 The dermaroller was then moved down onto my cheek area, this area didn't hurt at all, in fact I found that the most uncomfortable place for me was along the jaw bone.  The treatment takes around 20 minutes.

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy

I know in the above photograph the treatment looks quite brutal, believe me that they were just blood spots caused by the needles during the process and these were wiped away before I left the clinic.

After the treatment I was given a special cream to use for a couple of days to help with the healing process.

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy Review

Post treatment my skin was very red, shiny and felt quite tight for between 4 - 6 hours.  Before bed my skin had reduced to a very pale pink and by the next morning I was just left with a glow and a few grazes on my cheeks, which were easily covered by make up.   After a couple of days I experienced some minor skin peeling, this only lasted for a day.

It is recommended that the treatments are carried out at least 6 weeks apart and it is usually after the second treatment that results can be seen.

I went for my second treatment on 10th January 2012 and by this time I could definitely notice a difference in my skin, my forehead seemed smoother and there was a definite glow about my skin.

By the time I went for my 3rd treatment on 28th February 2012 other people had started to make comments about how well I looked and asking me if I'd had anything done.  It has now been several weeks since my 3rd treatment and my skin is just getting better and better.  There is a new firmness to my skin and all of my products just seem to be working better.

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy Before Picture

This photograph was taken on 29th November 2011

Genuine Dermaroller Therapy After Picture

This photo was taken on 12th March 2012

I think the results speak for the themselves.  To say I am thrilled is a bit of an understatement.

The Dermaroller can be used for facial regeneration, on acne scars, the back of the hands and on the tummy and thighs for stretch marks.

Treatments start at £250 per session and an initial course of 3 is recommended. 

There are 500 clinics in the UK offering Genuine Dermaroller Therapy and you can find a clinic near you at www.genuinedermaroller.co.uk if you live in the Northamptonshire area and you would like to visit the clinic that I visited, you can find all their details at www.mulberryhouseclinic.co.uk 

If you have any questions regarding my experience with this treatment then please either leave a comment or send me an email via the address on my contact page.


*This course of treatments were provided by PR

20 comments

  1. The results are amazing! I'm shocked it didn't hurt, it looks really painful.
    Worth it for the results though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually looks worse than it feels, thank to the anaesthetic cream it just feels a little bit scratchy. I am amazed by the results myself, I am informed that my skin will continue to improve over the next couple of months too :) Jude x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, the results do look amazing.
    I had been suggested this to help with my acne scarring so it has been interesting to read your experience, although the needles are a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meeta, the actual roller and the needles are not as big in real life, I know they look huge in the picture. If you go on the website you can see before and after pictures for people with acne scars that have had the treatments. I had this treatment specifically for facial rejuvenation and it has been amazing for me :) Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on a programme a few weeks ago, and at first I thought ooo looks painful, but when I saw the results of the patient (girl had bad acne scarring), it looked absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cas, I have to say I'm am amazed at the results that I have had :) Jude xx

      Delete
  5. The results are fantastic, It does look painful but it's much less invasive than surgery with similar results so I would be happy to give it a go if needed.

    How long do the results last for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniella, it definitely looks worse than it actually feels. The results will keep getting better over the coming months and it was suggested that I have one or two treatments annually for optimum results if required. The results can also be maintained with a good skincare routine :) Jude xx

      Delete
  6. omg, it does looks super mega hardcore brutal but the results are so intense, wow!
    i cant believe my eyes
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liloo, I agree it does look brutal but I can honestly say that it the treatment was not at all painful, just a bit scratchy. I am absolutely thrilled with the results, I thought these results could only be achieved with surgery but Dermaroller has definitely worked for me :) Jude xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, dear. I know you wrote that most uncomfortable place for you was along the jaw bone...but, it really does look painful. You're brave! Love the before and after photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moxie, I think it's the close up pictures that make it look worse than it is, I would say I'm vain not brave :) Jude xx

      Delete
  8. What size needles did you have Jude? The results look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, I think the needles were the 1.5mm size. I am really pleased with the results :) Jude xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my god, that looks so painful. The needles look massive too! I was v curious about this review because a little while ago I wrote a short article for my writing job about a company that does Genuine Derma Roller treatment and I thought at the time it seemed a bit harsh. But the results do speak for themselves, your skin does look so much better in those photos. I'd be too much of a chicken to get that done though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Wow your results are amazing! I was wondering if he used any serums or anything after the rolling session or did he just apply the cream that was given to you. Also is that the only cream you used? Or did u use that cream in conjunction with serums, retin a etc. much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anh, the cream that was applied after was the Chiroxy, I then used this cream at home on it's own for a couple of days before applying my usual moisturiser on top of the Chiroxy.

      Delete
  11. I found your review really useful as I am seriously thinking about have tratments to get rid of my 'bumpy chin'. I like alot of people are a bit wary of the needles but after reading your review and seeing the amazing results, I think it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't think the results would be so noticeable, that really is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at how noticeable it was too, very happy with it :)

      Delete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig