Staying fabulous at 50+

Beauty Blogging Blues!!

Hello lovely readers.  I just really wanted to update you with my current situation and hopefully explain my  absence from blogging and twitter.

As some of you know I was made redundant at the end of March, to console myself I went off to Florida for 3 glorious weeks with my family.  On my return, not only did I have the post holiday blues but the impact of redundancy really hit me hard.  I realised how devastated I was that I was no longer doing a job that I loved and I had no idea how to deal with how I was feeling.  My mood didn't get any better when for the first time in my life I had to go to the Job Centre and sign on, they practically made me jump through hoops to get the paltry amount that I am entitled to and I was made to feel like a scrounger!

In the last week I have managed to haul myself away from the very dark cloud that I was under and re-evaluate my situation.  I have realised how lucky I actually am, I get to spend all day with my youngest daughter who is home schooled, financially we are pretty secure so I do not have to work, this also means I don't have to take a job that I wouldn't enjoy just to make ends meet.  The positive side to redundancy is that this is the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

I have updated my CV and registered with several job sites.  I have several skills and qualifications so I'm sure there is a job out there for me somewhere.  I have also booked another holiday for September.

I am now in the process of sorting through all the products I have to review and hope to be back blogging and tweeting very soon.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all of my readers for not deserting my blog, your continued support is very much appreciated.


18 comments

  1. Hey Lovely Lady! Good to hear from you and glad things are feeling a bit more positive now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with what you choose.
    Looking forward to some reviews soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you massive virtual hugs. Having a blip myself right now and your post has helped with perspective, so thanks for that. Sometimes it can take some time to see the positive in a situation, but it's always there, glad the positive in yours has started to slip into view! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find a job soon, I was made redundant last year - so know how it feels. Love your blog, you always have such interesting posts and write them so well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you've had the blues, I'm sending you lots of positive vibes so that you can find a fulfilling job.

    I think Job centres are awful for everyone apart from the genuine scroungers who have no intention of ever finding a job! It's a shame that they seem to tar everyone with the same brush and don't have a sympathetic ear to offer genuine claimants.

    Looking forward to reading more of your fabulous blog posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big hugs to you, Jude! Will look forward to future posts from you, and "visiting" on Twitter! Take care! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I totally know how you feel! Losing your job and then being labeled redundant when you are job hunting is the pits. But keep your hopes up, this is a wonderful time for you to connect with your family and to take time off to get more training and education to ensure you have a secure future, the only one thing is for certain the older we get the more we will need that training and education to back us up. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's pretty normal to feel like that after a major life change. I'm glad to hear that you are on the up. Something will come along for you, I just know it! We'll be here for you, when you're ready ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've surfed the net more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is this nonsense here. you have got the cheek to post spam on a personal post like this!

      Delete
  13. Great article! Personally, I'm really impressed! I love the way you write your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no. I was trying to post three comments at once and then I think i deleted my main comment to this post, by trying to address this awful spammer. Just take your time to come back. We will be there when you are ready xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liloo, I have just deleted that spam comment, as if things weren't bad enough, I don't need reminding of my cellulite :) xxxx

      Delete
    2. I think it's pretty normal to feel like that after a major life change. I'm glad to hear that you are on the up. compare and contrast essay

      Delete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig