Staying fabulous at 50+

Rachel McAdams Look Inspired by her 'Midnight in Paris' Photo Shoot

I am absolutely delighted to have the lovely Lara guest posting for me.  Lara has popped over from Aphrodite's Apple you need to visit her blog and read up on the reasons behind the blog name, it is fascinating stuff.  You will find out lots of amazing facts about Lara, the one that impressed me the most is that she has appeared in The Vagina Monologues, twice!

With my sister’s wedding looming and my role as wedding makeup-artist weighing heavily on my mind, I was inspired by Rachel McAdams soft and romantic look for her 'Midnight in Paris' photocall.




The combination of neutral tones with a pop of pink was both demure and playful. Appropriately for me, Rachel's makeup artist was also her sister, Kayleen McAdams. She explains her inspiration...

“For the Midnight in Paris photo call, the dress was very youthful and fun. We knew we were focusing on the eyes and skin for the premiere [later that day], so we chose to do a bright fun lip.”

Rachel has a flawless, creamy complexion which was kept matte to provide the perfect canvas for this rosy look. I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 - applying it with a foundation brush and working away from the centre of the face so that I used only as much as was needed for a natural matte finish.



For Rachel's eyes, Kayleen used NARS Duo Eye Shadow in Silk Road but I used Clarins 'Gold Attraction' eye quartet which is a similarly pink and rose-gold palette with soft, shimmery browns to add depth. To keep the look light and bright I dusted the pale pink all over the lid - extending just above the crease line - and applied a touch of gold on the inner corners of the eye.



I lined the upper and lower eyelids with the darker, brown shade which I smudged before using Revlon's Matte Kohl Eyeliner in 'Rich Mink' to add definition. To finish, I topped off the lashes with Maybelline's Defina-A-Lash Mascara in Black for long, separated lashes that are not overpowering.



My model's eyebrows are very blonde so I used just a touch of Universal Brow Powder by Ariane Poole to fill them out and give them shape.



For the cheeks I wanted a rosy pink that was just a little brighter than cheeks would be naturally. I used a combination of blushes - The Body Shop's Creme Cheek Blush in 'Raspberry Pink' to get a rich, dewy base and MAC's Mineralise Blush in ' Dainty' for an iridescent shimmer.



The lips were really the focal point for this look - they are bright, bold and a little mischievous. Kayleen used Stila Convertible Color in Fuchsia but I worked with what I had and I think it came out pretty well!
I first lined the lips with Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in 'pink' then I filled them in with Ariane Poole's Lip Twin in 'Blushing' before topping with a slick of Dior Creme de Gloss, no. 485 'Violet Shine'.


And... voila!


Rachel McAdams


Erin Williams

So there you have it lovelies.  Do pop over to Aphrodite's Apple I promise you won't be disappointed.

5 comments

  1. You look lovely!!
    I should start practicing applying makeup now i have some advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! If you would like to read more stuff like this my blog is www.aphroditesapple.wordpress.com - Let me know how your practice turns out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rachel McAdam's fresh and natural look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The pink really suits her colouring, and looks so fresh. Great post with tips to achieve this look - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that look. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig