Staying fabulous at 50+

Philip Kinglsey Elasticizer Review

 I was really pleased when Astrid from www.skindeepbeautyblog.com  answered my Blogger SOS and  offered to guest post for me whilst I am on holiday.  I am a long time follower of her lovely, informative blog, so I know from experience that I am leaving my blog and my readers in very good hands.


Review of Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

When Jude kindly agreed to host me as a guest blogger, I wondered what I could write about. Feeling inspired by the Audrey Hepburn quotation on the Love, Lust & Fairy Dust homepage, I felt it would be fitting to write my review around one of the style icon’s personal beauty products. Philip Kingsley, the renowned hair guru, used to tend the tresses of the Breakfast at Tiffany’s star and his signature treatment, Elasticizer has gained iconic status itself within the industry.

phillip kingsley elasticizer

The award-winning Elacticizer is the bestselling product from the Philip Kingsley range, counting the likes of Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett and Lucy Liu as fans. At its launch at Saks 5th Avenue in New York, 

Elasticizer sold out three times over! It was the world’s first pre-shampoo treatment and it’s this aspect which I particularly like. Although you need to dampen hair before applying, I personally find it easier to use a mask in this way (as opposed to post-shampoo, in the middle of my shower) as it means I can get on with chores whilst the mask works its magic. The box includes a plastic cap to cover hair whilst the mask conditions, which I feel shows just how well thought out the product is. I also like the whipped texture of the mask although I’m relieved to hear that Philip Kingsley are finally launching Elasticizer in a tube format as getting the product out of the tub proved a little messy.

I really like that Elasticizer is unfragranced and although this is quite a cultural change (after all, us girls like our products to smell good!), it means that the treatment is also suitable for those with sensitivity.
Given that it’s a pre-shampoo treatment, Elastizer is easy to rinse out and doesn’t leave hair feeling weighed down. My hair was left smoothed and cared for yet I needed to use shine spray to enhance the finish.
As my fine hair is in pretty good condition, I don’t need to use Elasticizer very often but it has earned its place in my cupboard of essentials as a go-to emergency fix. I’d definitely recommend checking out Elasticizer if you have thick, colour treated or damaged hair.

The great thing about Elasticizer is that it’s available in a range of sizes, whether you want to try it (£3.60 for 20ml) or if you’re hooked (£70.50 for 1000ml), with medium options in between (£25.50 for 150ml or £52.10 for 500ml).


By Skin Deep Beauty Blogger www.skindeepbeautyblog.com

Please pop over to Astrid's blog, put your feet up and have a cuppa whilst you read some of her fabulous posts.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig