Staying fabulous at 50+

CHANEL POUDRE UNIVERSELLE LIBRE

I hate powder, I can't stand the chalky, ashy, caked on look, I loathe the way it sits in fine lines and wrinkles, I can't bear the way it makes my complexion look dull and flat.  So why am I blogging about a powder?  Well, I was browsing the Chanel counter, not looking for anything in particular, just browsing.  After a few moments a vision of loveliness wafted in my direction, she was about the same age as me, she looked immaculate and groomed to within an inch of her life, with an ethereal glow to her skin.  we were chatting away about lipsticks and lip liners but I could not take my eye off her skin.  In the end I was compelled to ask her what it was that was making her skin look so heavenly.  She talked me through her primer, her foundation, her blusher and then said that she had finished the look with Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder (Poudre universelle Libre).

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre

She offered to apply the powder for me so that I could see the effect on my own skin, well I didn't have to be asked twice and I was in the sleek black make-up chair like a shot.  She used shade 30 on me, which is Naturel, the powder was just swept over my face with a large brush.  The effect was amazing, I could not believe how finished my make-up looked, but the thing that amazed me the most was how it didn't look chalky, caked or ashy, it didn't settle in my fine lines and wrinkles and it didn't make make complexion look dull or flat.  My skin looked polished, fresh and dewy with a lovely subtle glow.  I love this powder and I would recommend it to any powder-phobes like myself.  The powder retails at £30.64 for 30g which I know sounds expensive, but take into account the size of the pot and the quality,  it is money well spent.

The powder is available in 3 shades 20 Clair     30 Naturel    40 DorĂ©  






Blogger Templates

10 comments

  1. ooh i want to try this, my chanel pro lumiere is my fave foundation, i cant justify buying such an expensive owder when i have a few on the go already though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicoletta, it is a bit pricey isn't it, but well worth it as I'm sure the pot will last me a good 12 months. Let me know when you get some, I'd love to know what you think of it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds gorgeous! Thanks for this review... I am now compelled to try it next time I'm near a Chanel counter :) x

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, you should go to your nearest Chanel counter as soon as you can and give it a try, you'll love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds so good! I usually don't use powder to, but maybe it is time to change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TheMadTwins, I have steered clear of powder for years, but I think when you find 'the one' there'll be no turning back x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I would love to try this, have tried many over the years, but find they can show up every little fine line and give a chalky dull appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I just got this powder 2 days ago (my first Chanel purchase!) and was wondering whether I spent too much, now I feel better. Silly question...but do you recall whether there was an insert/pamphlet in your box? Mine doesn't have one...just want to make sure the one I got is authentic. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeek! We SO want to try this now. It is a little prciey but if you think it's worth it... ;)

    T & J

    www.thestylerawr.com

    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandy, that's exactly why I have avoided powders over the years, but this one is lovely xx

    Anonymous, i can't recall there being an insert/pamphlet in the box, I am sure you won't regret your purchase xx

    Style Rawr, it is pricey but so worth it xx

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig