Staying fabulous at 50+

ALEPPO SOAP

I was lucky enough to receive a bar of this wonderful soap from @DevonDeb on Twitter.


This soap is from Aleppo, a city and province in Northern Syria.  The original and first soap was created there over 2000 years ago.  The soap is made between November and March, taking 6 to 9 months for the soap to dry on racks laid out in cool, naturally aerated arches.  In the course of drying, the outside becomes a beautiful deep gold with the centre a rich olive green.  The soaps are cut into blocks and stamped with the mark of the maker.

The soap contains Olive Oil and Sweet Bay Oil.  it is 100% natural and ethically sourced.

The soap can be used to wash body, hair and even laundry, it can also be used as a moth repellent.

The soap I received contained Rose Essential oil and was a substantial sized bar.

This soap is beautiful, the first couple of times I used it there was a decent amount of lather to it but this diminished the more times I used it.  I have used the soap on my body and face and there has been no tightness as with other 'natural' soaps.  I have used it in place of shaving foam to shave my legs and it worked a treat with no need to moisturise afterwards.  My 12 year old daughter has 'super sensitive' skin, she has also used the soap to wash her face and has had no adverse reaction to it.

Usually with 'natural' soaps I find that as soon as they get wet they start to dissolve, but I am happy to say that I have been using this soap every day for at least a couple of weeks and this has not happened, I get the feeling this is going to last me quite a while.

This soap comes in bars with or without essential oil and is also available as a liquid soap.

You can order or make enquiries at whatdebloves@live.co.uk or contact Deb through Twitter @DevonDeb

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig