Staying fabulous at 50+

Out With The Old And In With The New

2012 has been a funny old year for me, some good and some not so good things have happened.

At the end of March I was made redundant from a job I absolutely loved, to say I was gutted is an understatement.  A 3 week holiday to Florida in April definitely perked me up, although I continued to sulk about my job on my return for a few more months.

I then began suffering from a few health problems, turns out I was slap bang in the middle of the menopause and have a slightly under active Thyroid.

I was then lucky enough to have another 3 week holiday in Florida in September, that really is my happy place.

In October I started my Open University Degree in Criminology and Psychology, my first challenge was learning how to learn again.

Also in October my husband bought me a Maine Coon kitten, I have wanted a Maine Coon for years.  His name is Dexter and he is beautiful, he is 5 months old and already larger than our dog!

Maine Coon Cat

Main Coon Kitten


December has been an emotional month.  For the past 10 years I have travelled to New York every December around my birthday, I make a start on my Christmas shopping, visit the tree at The Rockerfeller Centre and usually take in a Broadway show.  Well with me being unemployed and already having had two trips to Florida, New York was a no go.  However, on my birthday my oldest daughter brought New York to me.  She got me an Empire State Building Pandora charm, a New York Taxi Christmas decoration, a bag and make up from Sephora, a Bone China Tiffany mug, Nail Polish called Times Square and a few other bits and pieces, my husband then took me to London for the weekend where he bought me an iPad and took me to see Wicked, it was the best birthday I have had for years.  Yesterday my oldest daughter moved out to live with her boyfriend.  I couldn't bear to be here when she left so I took the youngest daughter to the cinema.  She's only moved a couple of miles down the road but I miss her terribly.  It's so tough being a parent sometimes, letting go is the hardest thing in the world.

I realise that in the grand scheme of things 2012 has been very kind to me and for that I am eternally grateful.

So 2013 is nearly upon us and I have spent today deciding what changes I would like to make in my life.  I intend to start looking for part time work, I have enjoyed spending time with my youngest daughter and could not go back to working 60 hours a week again.  I aim to become more active on my blog, after a 4 month break I now feel revitalised and ready for the challenge.  I am going to continue with my healthy eating plan, I have lost a stone and plan to lose a couple more before the summer, I'm also going to make friends with the treadmill!

Thank you to all my readers for sticking with me and I'd like to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2013




6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, and the same to you my lovely xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that's a great post. I know you missed NYC but hey, it's not where you are in that moment that is important as who you have close to you! A daughter moving out is tough but now she needs that strong supportive mom so hang in there! That is a beautiful kitten and huge, wow. How big does that cat get? I grew up playing with an adult cat with gloves on to not get scratched too deeply, so good luck for you! Here's to an amazing 2013. And remember to pamper yourself with candle lit bubble baths and a beautiful facial before bedtime!
    www.beautifulfacial.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, thank you so much for your lovely comment. I have no idea how big the cat is going to get, but I will post pictures on my blog at regular intervals. I am in full pamper mode at the moment using all the fabulous beauty products I got for Christmas. Daughter is coming to stay for the weekend this week so really looking forward to that. Have a fabulous 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely, enjoy her visit and do post photos as the little devil grows up! :)

      Delete
  4. I almost nеver drop remarks, but i did a few sеarching and wοund up hеre "Out With The Old And In With The New".
    And I actuallу do have a couple of queѕtiοns for you if you usually ԁo not mind.
    Coulԁ it be simply mе oг does it appeаr liκe
    some οf these resрonses looκ аs if they are cоmіng fгom brain dead people?
    :-Ρ And, if you are writing on other οnlіne sitеs, I would like to follοω anything fгesh you have to poѕt.

    Could you list of the complete urls of all yοur sоcial pages like youг Fасebοok page,
    twittеr feеd, oг linkedin рrofile?


    Hеre is my web sіtе ... Samsung Galaxy s3
    Here is my website ... galaxy s3

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig