Staying fabulous at 50+

Konjac Sponge Review

Back in April I read a blog post from the wonderful Get Lippie all about Konjac Sponges.  So intrigued was I that I popped straight over to the Konjac website and purchased the French Red Clay Sponge Puff.  There are several sponges to choose from and I chose this one as it was recommended for my skin type.

What they say......

A fabulous deep cleansing, gentle exfoliating, facial sponge with French red clay. This  is similar in properties to French green with the color difference being attributed to a higher presence of iron oxide. Red clay cleans out the skin from the layers of dead keratinized cells and it accelerates the regeneration process. It is said to improve blood circulation and makes the skin look radiant, and hydrated, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and broken capillaries.So perfect for dryer or mature skin that needs rejuvenating.

What I say......Wow is what I say.  This little sponge is amazing.  The first time I used it I just ran it under warm water and then used it all over my face after cleansing, initially I thought it just feels like a normal sponge, but after using it my skin felt like it had never felt before, it had a sort of velvety feel to it, like I'd been to a salon and been exfoliated to within an inch of my life.  I was amazed that such a strange looking little sponge could have such an effect on my skin without much effort on my part.  I have used it with my cleanser but to be honest I prefer to use this as my second cleanse without cleanser in the evening and  I use it every morning without cleanser.

This is what my sponge looks like after 3 months  of using twice a day

Konjac Sponge

This is what it looks like when it is dry

Konjac Sponge

As you can see there is a loop of thread attached to the sponge and after use I just hang it on the tap to dry.

These little bundles of magic retail for £5.25 - £5.75 and are worth ever penny.

I heard a twitter rumour that they are launching a body sponge in September, I can't wait and I'll be at the front of the queue for one of those.

Why not pop over to the  Konjac Sponge Company website and learn all about the origins of this fabulous product.




*This product was purchased by me

17 comments

  1. Wow, sounds amazing, especially at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, it's an absolute bargain for such an amazing product. I will be stocking up on these for christmas gifts for friends. Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I may have to have a sneaky little purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bex, at those prices absolutely no need to be sneaky :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie @wildbeginnings20 Jul 2011, 15:02:00

    You know for the first time I might just buy something it sounds really good for skin that breaks out every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valerie, you should treat yourself, I can guarantee you will not be sorry, for £5 you really have nothing to lose. This is perfect to use when your skin is in break-out mode. I'd love to know how you get on with it. Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these sponges! I have the same one as you & will be reviewing soon! Couldn't agree more about how lovely it is and would recommend to anyone.
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nic, they're fab aren't they? Are you at the front of the queue with me waiting for the body sponge to be launched in September?. Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The product sounds amazing!!! I should really consider trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reena, you definitely should give it a try, it's amazing how this little sponge can have such an amazing effect on the skin, go for it :) Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need this in my life!!! :) Going to google it now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vintage Makeup, I promise you won't be disappointed. Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I really want to try this!
    I'm always on the look-out for better products for my skin. This looks really promising.
    Thanks for the review!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the exact same sponge and I totally agree with you. It is so simple yet so wonderful.
    I tend to use it mainly first thing in the morning and, like you, just with warm water.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie, You really should give one of these sponges a try, you will not be disappointed. Jude xx

    Nina, I don't know how or why it works but I wouldn't be without mine now. Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now Jude - do I need this? I think I do....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course you need it :) Jude xx

    ReplyDelete

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig