Staying fabulous at 50+

ELIZABETH GRANT BIOCOLLASIS REVIEW

I love trying skincare that isn't readily available on the High Street in the UK.  I have found that shopping channels are a good place to shop for brands that are not available here.  Last year I purchased the Elizabeth Grant Biocollasis Collection from Ideal World.  I paid £50 for all of the full size  items shown below -:

EG Biocollasis Complex Night Creme 50ml

EG Biocollasis Complex Day Crème 50ml

EG Eye Cream 20ml

EG Essence of Torricelumn 120ml

EG Complex Gentle Cleanser 185ml

EG Silver Cosmetics Bag

Absolute bargain, I have paid more than that for an eye cream before now!!


click for review of elizabeth grant biocollasis
The magic ingredient in all of these products is Torricelumn™ this was discovered by Elizabeth Grant in 1948, her skin had been badly damaged during the second World War, she had Torricelumn™ specially formulated with other ingredients and began applying it to her skin.  Her skin was transformed within 8 months and in 1958  her skincare range was born





So I will give you my opinion of each product in the order that I used them.

EG COMPLEX GENTLE CLEANSER 185ml.  I really can't make up my mind whether I like this or not, it does what it's supposed to do and cleanses the skin effectively, there is no tightness after use and the skin feels soft.  I think it's the smell that I don't like, it has a detergent/washing up liquid kind of smell.  I am more used to an essential oils/floral kind of smell in an cleanser so it takes a bit of getting used to.


EG ESSENCE OF TORRICELUMN 120ml.  I love this product, it comes in a pump action bottle and it contains Torricelumn™ in it's most concentrated form.  It has a serum/gel like texture and the skin just drinks it in.  It leaves a gorgeous glow on the skin and it's not sticky or tacky.

EG EYE CREAM 20ml.  This eye cream is one of the best I have ever used.  It comes with a little spatula so you don't have to stick your finger in the pot.  It is a cream/gel like texture, you only need a tiny amount.  It feels as though it is doing the area around the eye the world of good as soon as you apply it.  I found that my concealer went on smoother and lasted longer.  I have been using this cream twice a day since October and the jar is still two thirds full, I think this will last me a good 6 months.

EG BIOCOLLASIS COMPLEX DAY CREME 50ml.  When I opened this gorgeous pot of cream my expectations were high, and what's the first thing us girls do when we open a pot of cream? we smell it.  Well to tell you I was disappointed is an understatement, I couldn't believe that my jewel encrusted pot didn't smell as good as it looked.  In fact this cream had hardly any smell at all, this came as a bit of a shock to me as I'm used to trying products that have essential oils in them and in some cases synthetic fragrances.  Anyway, after sulking for a few seconds I actually applied the cream to my face, in the pot it looks like a lightweight cream but on your face it feels very rich and luxurious, it took a few minutes to sink in but my skin felt smooth and hydrated all day.

EG BIOCOLLASIS COMPLEX NIGHT CREME 50ml.  Again this cream had no real fragrance to it and in colour and texture was exactly the same as the day cream.  When applied though this took much longer to sink into the skin, again my skin felt hydrated.  The next morning my skin looked much better than it normally does, it felt softer and just looked more rested.

So after a couple of months of using the products I have to say I have been quite impressed with this range.  My skin has survived the harsh weather in New York, the even harsher weather back in the UK, the Air Con in the office and the central heating at home.  My skin looks firmer, especially around the jawline, some of the lines around my eyes have diminished and my skin is generally smoother all over.    My favourite products have been the Eye Cream and the Essence of Torricelumn and my least favourite has been the cleanser.

For more information on this brand and to read more about the magic that is Torricelumn™ please vist the Elizabeth Grant website at http://www.elizabethgrant.com




For your information the products were purchased and paid for by myself .  This review is my own objective opinion about these products.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love Lust & Fairy Dust

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig